The crowded market makes it easy to get lost when buying a brand new laptop. Choosing a computer that perfectly fits our needs is difficult, but purchasing a bloated unit with features you won’t use is a waste. The key is to strike the right balance.
In this article, we aim to show you how Microsoft’s official website can assist you in your laptop search. Using Microsoft’s official website as a guide when buying a Windows laptop will help you make an informed purchase.
How to Filter the Right Windows Devices Using Filters on Microsoft’s Website
Microsoft’s official website offers the convenience of filtering the available Windows laptops by the brand from which they come, their features, the operating system they use, and most importantly, the price.
Choosing the correct filters according to your requirements can help you filter the right products. Then, you can brainstorm and pick the best option. However, remember that the number of laptops you can filter is quite limited. Even so, you will likely find a good laptop among those limited choices.
Follow the steps below to filter the laptop using Microsoft’s official website:
- On the Microsoft website, go to the page listing all Windows laptops.
- To see all filters, scroll down and click on Show All Filters.
- Select your preferred brand from the available filters, choose the features you wish to see on your laptop, check the box for the OS your computer should run, and finally, select the price range.
- Once selected, you will see a list of available options that match your criteria.
- Using the Sort by dropdown, you can sort the filtered devices from low to high or vice versa.
To make your choice easier, you can also compare filtered laptops. To do so, follow the below steps:
- Check the Compare boxes for the three devices you wish to compare. (You can compare up to three devices at once).
- Then click on the Compare button at the bottom.
Following the steps above, you will find the technical specifications and key features listed comparably to make picking the best device easy. Click on the Choose Options button under each of the compared products to see the other variations of the same product.
In addition to laptops, you can filter other Windows products within other categories, such as 2-in-1s, gaming PCs, desktop computers, and laptops for college students. To access the category page, click on the Computers menu, select the Shop by Category option and select your relevant category.
How to Choose a Windows Laptop by Answering the Quiz
If filtering the products using the filters of your choice hasn’t helped you find your product, you can also get recommendations for the Windows laptop by answering a simple quiz. Here’s how the process works:
- Visit the Microsoft website.
- Go to the Computers menu and click on Help me choose a PC.
- Click Next after selecting what you want to do with your laptop.
- Choose the screen size you want and click Next.
- Choose up to three brands from the list.
- Once selected, click on See Results.
That’s all. Depending on the answers you give in the quiz, you’ll get different options that fit well into your needs. Additionally, you can compare up to three products side by side by checking the Checkbox, as before. You should also check out our list of the best laptops for working from home.
How to Filter the Right Surface Laptops on Microsoft’s Official Website
You can also filter Surface devices on Microsoft’s website, similar to how we have filtered the Windows laptops if you are primarily interested in buying one. To do that, follow the below steps:
- Go to Microsoft’s official website to check out the Surface shopping page.
- Click on the Computers menu and select Help me choose a Surface.
- When you get to the quiz page, select the appropriate options from how you plan to use the laptop, screen size, and storage space you desire for your laptop and continue pressing Next.
- Following the quiz, your answers will be analyzed, and multiple Surface products will be recommended based on your answers.
How to Get a Better Deal on Surface Products
While filtering out the Surface products in the above manner will help you pick your dream device, there are still a few more options you should explore before you buy:
- Visit the Surface shopping page on Microsoft’s official website.
- Go to the Shop now menu.
- Click on the Surface deals to explore the discount currently available on Surface products. Deals can help you save money.
- Check out Surface bundles for an additional selection of Surface accessories and Microsoft services on top of your favorite products. A good bundle will save you some money on the products it includes.
Still Can’t Find What You’re Looking For?
Considering that none of the methods mentioned above have been able to help you in finding your dream computer, why not ask a Microsoft Store associate to help you find what you’re looking for? Here are the steps to start the chat:
- Navigate to any shopping page on the Microsoft website, such as the Surface deals shopping page.
- In the bottom-right corner, click on Questions? Talk to an expert button.
- Click on Start.
- Pick the type of help you want, whether for personal or business use.
- Select Sales & Orders.
- Decide how you want to communicate.
- From the available options, select Surface or Other.
- Select the Microsoft Store associate from the list.
That’s it. Following the above steps, you will be connected to one of the associates of the Microsoft Store. Tell them your needs and budget so they can recommend the best product for you.
Note: We have contacted Microsoft Store’s associates thrice this year, and they have always been helpful. If you don’t want to hunt for the right product yourself, take advantage of this opportunity.
Lastly, if you are looking to buy a new laptop, you should visit our list of laptops with the best battery life if you hate to stay tethered for long.
Buy the Right Windows Device Using Microsoft’s Website
Hopefully, the tips covered in the article will be helpful in your search for a suitable device that fits your budget and needs. When all manual methods fail to work, the associate at the Microsoft Store will certainly be able to assist you. Also, we recommend not to make a quick purchase but instead visit the manufacturer’s website regularly and catch a good discount.
Last but not least, it’s imperative to list down your needs in advance so you can compare different products. Otherwise, it’s easy to get lost in the sea of choices.